Our Commitment to You
Our commitment to you is based on more than just excellent clinical care and customer service, which should be expected. Our patients receive respectful care and are not discriminated against on the basis of age, gender, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual preference or health status.
You have the right to see the physiotherapist of your choice, obtain a second opinion and refuse a treatment. Please talk to our reception staff if you would like to provide feedback or make a complaint.
Your Commitment to Us
In order to achieve outstanding treatment results, we require an equal commitment from you. Take the time to read all of our Terms and Conditions as clarity, communication and understanding will ensure that we’re always on the same page and achieving the best outcome possible.
All of our professional recommendations are based on the information provided by you, an objective and expert physiotherapy examination and the specific goals determined by you and your physiotherapist. It is important to understand our Terms and Conditions and for you to acknowledge that ultimately, it is your responsibility to follow our advice and avoid situations that may aggravate your condition. We acknowledge an infinite number of variables can impact on the outcomes of any treatment program.
We are confident that if you follow our recommendations, and any further opinions subsequent to reviews that may occur periodically throughout the term of your treatment, then we can help you to achieve outstanding results.
- It is expected that if you cannot keep an appointment with us, that notice is given as soon as possible by calling or emailing the practice and leaving a message if after hours. If less than 24 hours notice is given, the full consultation fee will still apply. The cost of consultations can be found on our website
- Call +31 20 737 0384
- Email info@wearewijs
- Via your Trainin account
- If the trainer or physiotherapist needs to cancel then they will contact you as soon as possible to inform you. You will be refunded the full consultation fee in this scenario.
Late and Missed Appointments
- If you arrive late to an appointment, but within your appointed time slot, you may receive a shorter consultation in an effort not inconvenience other clients waiting.
- If you either arrive after or entirely miss an appointment, you will be charged the consultation fee in full. The cost of consultations can be found on our website.
Consent to Treatment
- You hereby request and give consent to our therapists to perform necessary examinations, manipulations, therapy, rehabilitation and medical diagnostic procedures in accordance with their professional training and understanding of your injury.
- You understand that you have an opportunity to discuss with your therapist, the nature and purpose of your physiotherapy care before any treatment is rendered.
- You acknowledge and accept the following:
- The physical nature of physiotherapy and related treatments.
- You have the right to see the physiotherapist of your choice, refuse intervention or seek a further opinion and to provide feedback and make a complaint.
- The adverse risks associated with treatment, including stiffness and soreness, soft tissue injury, neurological complications, cerebrovascular injuries, skin irritations, burns and other minor complications.
- The probability of risk is lowered by screening procedures.
- Other treatment options exist if the risk of physiotherapy is considered to be high, including medication, medical care, hospitalisation and surgery.
- The risk of remaining untreated includes the formation of adhesions, scar tissue and other degenerative changes. These changes can further reduce skeletal mobility, and induce chronic pain cycles. It is quite probable that delay of treatment will complicate the condition and make future rehabilitation more difficult.
- Most clients receive our services without the need of a medical or other referral. However, in the event a referral from another practitioner has been given, it is highly recommended that such a referral is provided to the treating physiotherapist to assist in the continuity of care and our delivery of the most appropriate treatment for the client.
Consent to Obtain and Release Information
To expedite the management of your injury or injury claim, you accept it may be necessary to communicate the details of your medical condition with treating practitioners and personal trainers, case managers and employers.
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you give permission for representatives of We Are WIJS to exchange such information regarding injuries sustained and any significant past medical history, with those people deemed necessary by We Are WIJS.
- The practice shall limit disclosure of Confidential Information within its own organization to having a need to know, including members of your medical team and administrative employers where necessary. The Recipient and affiliates will not disclose the confidential information obtained from the discloser unless required to do so by law.
- The personal and health information you provide during your consultation and subsequent treatment will be collected for the primary purpose of providing high quality health care.
- Where required by law or if necessary for debt collection reasons, your personal information will be disclosed.
- We Are WIJS uses email, telephone or in-app communication to keep you up to date with the status of your appointment.
- From time to time we may send you information regarding happenings at your practice via a number of possible ways including: email, telephone call or via the Trainin app messenger. Reasons we may contact you include:
• To administer accounts and process payments.
• To communicate with you regarding any issues affecting your treatment.
• Provide information on services and benefits available to Clients.
• To notify Clients of promotions and events.
• Appointment Reminders.
• Appointment Follow Ups.
• Marketing and promotional material about new products, services or special offers.
• Newsletters and updates.
• To provide you with information about the current and future benefits of being a We Are Wijs client.
• Market research or surveys to improve our products and services.
Should you wish not to receive such communications please advise the administration staff via email@example.com.
- You may gain access to information held about you by this Practice by putting your request in writing. Please attention all such correspondence to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is considered consent to receive such communications as outlined above however you may opt out at any time.
Accounts and Billing
- Please refer to our most recent schedule of fees on our website, for an outline of the services we offer and their associated prices.
- It is expected that all fees are paid in full at the time of consultation. Information regarding insurance can be found below.
- We accept both credit and debit card. Bank transfer is also possible upon request.
- Health Insurance rebates (electronic or otherwise) can only be claimed after the service has been received and paid for. In the instance of purchasing treatment packages, rebates will only be available once the treatment package has been completed.
- WIJS has no contracts with insurers. So this means it is your responsibility to declare your treatment to your insurer yourself. If you are additionally insured with ONVZ, Nationale Nederlanden or De Amerfoortse, you can declare the sessions for 100%. Other insurers apply varying rates, so if you have a policy, please check your policy conditions.
- We ask that you pay straight away after your treatment. We will then send you an invoice which you can declare to your insurer.
Exclusion of Liability
The Practice Director and employees of this Practice shall not be liable for, nor shall they accept any responsibility for any injury, loss or damage however sustained by any person or persons arising out of any of the treatments or procedures delivered in this Practice or in any way whatsoever which does not arise from any negligent act or omission of the Practice Director and employees.
What to expect from your Physiotherapy assessment
During your initial consultation your Physiotherapist will ask you some questions about your symptoms and will then ask to assess the problem area. In order to properly assess you, your Physiotherapist may need to see the affected area.
If you feel uncomfortable about the examination, you can bring someone with you or ask us to arrange a chaperone to be present during the examination. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have at any time during your session, your Physiotherapist will be more than happy to explain things to you.
After your assessment, your Physiotherapist will discuss their findings with you and propose a treatment plan tailored specifically to your own goals.